What Leaders Are Saying About How The Birkman is Helping Their Teams
"The Birkman Method helped our staff members better understand ourselves and anticipate potential friction points with each other. Combined with Dr. Lane’s guidance and insight, it has equipped us with wise, gospel-oriented postures for working together. We plan to depend on Tim's assistance to vet and integrate new staff for the foreseeable future." Walter Henegar, Senior Pastor, Atlanta Westside Presbyterian Church
Dr. Lane led our Executive Team using the Birkman Method. The chief benefit is a vocabulary and set of concepts to help us interpret one another—so we don't have to hunt for "idols" to explain every point of tension among us. Birkman helped us see that we all have different sets of values, strengths, and needs. It is helping us be more charitable in our assessments of one another. We're hoping the Birkman could serve us as we hire, shepherd, and train our staff, and that it could help us with placement decisions and building team unity. Peter Krol, President, DiscipleMakers
The Birkman Method has been extremely useful in assessing our staff at St. Paul's Presbyterian Church, Atlanta, GA. With Tim's help we have been able to better understand the strengths and weaknesses of our team which has led us to a better hiring strategy as well as strategic planning for the future. Phillip E. Ellen, Ruling Elder, St. Paul's Presbyterian Church and Executive Director of Paladin Community Development
I have taken numerous personality assessments in my career and all of them have always left me a little uneasy about the results. They seemed to pigeon-hole people given the lack of nuance. This has not been the case with the Birkman! At the end of the day, the Birkman makes the person more human, with all of their complexity. As such, I trust the results of this test much more, both for myself and my team. Tolivar Will, Senior Pastor, St. Paul's Presbyterian Church, Atlanta, GA
Tim is a Certified Consultant with Birkman to do leadership assessment and coaching using the Birkman Method. This unique tool has been completed by over 3 million people from over 8000 companies in over 22 different languages. It can be of immense value to pastors, staff and elders as they grow in self-awareness, work together and plan for future staffing hires. Clients use the Birkman Method to:
- Improve communication
- Increase management effectiveness
- Build cohesive teams and reduce conflict
- Improve better hiring decisions
- Discover hidden potential of current staff for greater effectiveness
- Reduce turnover
- Develop accurate job descriptions
Could You and Your Executive Team Benefit from the Birkman Assessment?
What is the Birkman Method?
As the leader in your organization you must understand who YOU are, how you are perceived, and what you need to effectively use your strengths before you can be successful leading others. The Birkman Method is a powerful tool that can help with that process.
The Birkman Method® consists of a 298-question personality assessment and a series of related report sets that facilitate team building, executive coaching leadership development, career counseling and interpersonal conflict resolution. The Birkman Method® combines motivational, behavioral and interest evaluation into one single assessment, which provides a multi-dimensional and comprehensive analysis, thus reducing the need for multiple assessments. The questionnaire is delivered on-line and should take about 45 minutes to complete. It has been translated into 11 languages in addition to English.
In brief, The Birkman Method® includes the five following major perspectives:
- Usual Behavior - an individual's effective behavioral style of dealing with relationships and tasks.
- Underlying Needs - an individual's expectations of how relationships and social situations should be governed in context of the relationship or situation.
- Stress Behaviors - an individual's ineffective style of dealing with relationships or tasks; behavior observed when underlying needs are not met.
- Interests - an individual's expressed preference for job titles based on the assumption of equal economic rewards.
- Organizational Focus - the perspective in which an individual views problems and solutions relating to organizational goals.
The Birkman Method® has a wide range of applications
As the premier non-clinical instrument for measuring human behavior and occupational strengths, the Birkman provides a wide range of applications including:
- Leadership Development
- Staffing Direction for a Church
- Understanding Your Leadership Style
- Helping Governing Boards care for their Pastor or President
- Conflict Management
- Individual Development
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Culture Management
- Team Development
- Career Guidance
- Workplace Diversity
- Career Transition
- Crisis Management
- Marital Counseling
- Individual Counseling